Thursday, April 16, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

It's been a long time (over a year or so) since I have blogged. There are good reasons for this long break from writing.

The year 2008 was very hectic for me on a personal and professional level. After the chaos and mayhem of the previous year, I am back to my relaxed pace of life in Brussels. I thought it would be interesting to put down a few lines about the year gone by.

Although last year was quite tough, it was also a year of many milestones. I completed the assignment at work. The assignment that got was open-ended...meaning I had to create protocols and patterns from scratch. It was a role-based assignment requiring a lot of patience and creativity. I lost my cool at times during the the ups and downs of the assignment...but in the end I am satisfied with the results.

I also completed my evening French course. It was difficult to manage the classes, work and the travel all together. I didn't get so much time to study for the many tests but I managed to pass and scrape through the level.

On the personal front, I had an absolutely wonderful time. I got my first baby a couple of months ago. I am thrilled and overjoyed to have this handsome baby boy in my life. I am currently revelling in the joys that only motherhood can bring.

Frank and I managed to squeeze in a bit of travel during the weekends or holidays the past year. We visited the historic "Den Haag" (The Hague),ultra-modern Rotterdam and the charming Tournai.

So here it is - a short summation of all that happened during this long break from blogging. As always, I will update the blog with a little more details about the places we visited in 2008!!

No comments: