Sunday, October 3, 2010

Finally a few moments....


I haven't blogged in a long time. With all this hype about twitter and facebook, maybe blogs are losing their charm.

I've been incredibly busy in the past few months. With work, family and a few trips, blogging takes a back seat. It is a little busy at work but I think I can manage. I visited Loire valley in France a few months ago. Driving through the French countryside dotted with castles (chateaus) and vineyards was a pleasure. Though I felt, the entire region was a little sleepy.

I went on a trip to Berlin in Germany recently. The airport was a disappointment but I could smell history in the city. The tour guide spoke on and on about the monuments like the Berlin wall, Brandenberger gate, Concert Hall, University, Churches...but I felt there was some cyncism in his tone. It was like there was an invisible voice telling us "this is my city..we've gone through a lot but still haven't reached anywhere". There was contempt for Angela Merkel which I found surprising because I know she is one of the most(if not the)powerful women in the world. I guess they have their issues but It was like he wanted to tell us how "the lady" (Angela) is responsible for everything.

Thats the informal update for now..back to watching the Common Wealth Games inaugural ceremony on TV...CWG - much maligned event but let us see how it turns out!!

2 comments:

Varun said...

Welcome back!

Jasmine said...

I'm back with a bang..and the blog has a new look too!!