Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm in French Class Again!

I kicked off my next level of French classes in style today. I am so proud to be doing the level 5 course in French this time.

It is a little bit of effort for me to get to the French school now since I work a little far away. I am on a assignment in a neighboring town about an hour from Brussels Central.

By the time I got to the French school today, I was nearly exhausted. I hopped trains and buses to reach just in the nick of time.

I was considering dropping the course due to the travel. Then I figured I would continue since I adore the language. I believe that nothing is a pain if you have the will to follow through.

I have about 8 students in class this time. The prof is a plump and expressive lady. Since this level is more advanced than what I took last time, I sometimes miss what she teaches. I just about managed to do all the exercises and respond in class.

I was really tired in class today. In contrast, my prof was on a high dose of caffeine. She was using a lot of actions to support her constant chatter. She wandered from one topic to another effortlessly. She then gave us a considerable amount of homework to do in preparation for the next class.

It took me an hour more to come back home. I didn't feel so lonely since the bus was packed.

It was the end of a long but productive day. I just hope that I will be able to follow through with this routine in the coming months.

No comments: