Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunny days are here again...


We woke up to some lovely, sunny weather in Brussels yesterday. The sun rays filtering in through the curtains into the living room were a sight for sore eyes.

The dull, grey Belgian weather is very hard for me to digest after being used to bright days in India. My three month old baby just can't bear the little sun that we get here.

We took him out to a wonderful park near Zaventem yesterday just so that he gets a little used to the great outdoors. I'm afraid he didn't like it much. He shut his eyes very tightly in protest.

The park we went to yesterday had a calming effect on me. There were a couple of small, interconnected lakes with a pavement to walk around in.



We could hear the constant quacking of the ducks which swam around in the lakes. The black and white swans gliding across the water were a sight to see...

I wish we would get some more warm weather in Brussels this week. I am going to take my son outdoors for more time to get him used to the natural light. Otherwise, our Belgium born Indian will have a hard time adjusting to the hot Indian summer.

No comments: