Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to Pavilion: It's Vacation Time!!

We are gearing up for our long-awaited visit to India. Finally, we have our chance to be back home after a gap of two years. It's going to be a bit special this time around since I'm going back with a baby in tow.

Our family members are anxiously waiting to see the newest member. They have seen loads of pictures of the baby and they've seen him through the webcam. But nothing beats cuddling and playing with him in real-time.

It's monsoon season in our home state of Kerala now. We might just escape the high temperatures this time in favour of the rains.

Keralites call their state "God's Own Country" in celebration of its pristine beaches, backwaters, spices and cultural extravaganzas. Tourism is really big in Kerala and even National Geographic's Traveller magazine rated it as one among the 10 must see destinations in the world. That is pretty neat for a tiny strip of land with limited resources.

I am looking forward to having some authentic Kerala food liike the spicy, red Kottayam fish curry with Tapioca mash. Ohh..and I want other delicacies like Karimeen (Pearl Spot Fish) fry, appams (flat bread) and chicken stew.

The baptism ceremony of our baby is first on the agenda. I'm looking forward to seeing all our friends and family who will turn up for the event...

I still have the hard task of packing ahead of me. I have to remember to take our stuff especially the baby's items for our month long visit.

We are travelling with the baby for the first time. So, I have to make sure that all that is needed for the long flight is packed and reachable when required.

So, there is lots of planning, packing and thinking to do before we fly out of Belgium to "God's Own Country"...

1 comment:

Nicolas said...

Dear Expat,

I am a Management and Communication student at the Hogeschool Gent. I am conducting a research about the expat community and their travel habits. The purpose of this research is tounderstand the travel needs of the expat community. I would like to ask five minutes of your precious time to help me complete this research.

http://www.enquetemaken.be/toonenquete.php?id=39709

Your help will be highly appreciated and will add extra value to my work! Please forward this e-mail to all your expat-friends.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Nicolas De Winter