Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's hot and not about twittering??

I consider myself reasonably tech-savvy. I email regularly and use gtalk, skype, yahoo messenger etc. to chat. I use the internet to read the news and search for services (restaurants, train, bus, weather etc). I also maintain a blog and have a couple of social networking accounts.

I was constantly hearing about twitter especially on news channels. Breaking news updates quote tweets from around the world. It was as if everybody around was twittering away.

I signed up for my own twitter stream a few days ago. Honestly, I haven't gotten hang of it yet. It looks like twitter users can post bits of info online. Those who are interested can follow these tweets and be informed.

News channels give breaking news updates on twitter. Politicians record their daily travails to keep their subjects informed and entertained. Twitter is especially useful to those on the campaign trail to post micro-messages to the vast online public.

Within the few days I've been on twitter, I have learnt interesting facts about those who I follow. For example, my brother in Dubai is now enduring a fitness regimen. My journalist brother in India has updates on anything to do with telecom. My friend in Ahmedabad, India woke up at 4 AM because of the constant barking of dogs!!!

CNN breaking news posted about Iran's nuclear test missile.
And dear me...what did I post?? I twittered about the dull Belgian weather and the humble apple crumble I made!!!

No comments: