Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things can go horribly wrong at times...



I'm in no mood to sleep today. I can't believe how things can go incredibly wrong at times.

For a few weeks, I was battling the usual cold and sore throat that is characteristic of this season. Then, my tiny tot got a really bad throat infection followed by an allergy. His skin was red with rashes one day. Luckily, it was a quick fix with some medicines his doc prescribed.

Again, as we settled into normal life, my baby boy got a severely high temperature or fever. We spent some time in the Emergency Room in the hospital to do all the tests. Luckily, it is a classic case of cold and sore throat. He has got loads of medicines to take which are making him drowsy and listless.

As if this wasn't enough, I just caught the "pink eye". My eyes are swollen and infected. The doctor says it will be over in a week. I'm spending my time alone and suitably quarantined to ward of the spread of this infection.

All these years in Belgium and I never got any form of malaise. I guess this is my time to remember that health is wealth. My husband is bearing the brunt of all this as he is stuck with taking care of both of us.

But yes, I have reason to celebrate today. After about four years of marriage, I got a hot cup of coffee at my bedside today. Isn't that wonderful??

No comments: